Guidelines for Chicago trip
Students will be 4 per hotel room. We will take rooming preferences at a later date.
Students must be in good standing and fees must be paid in full to attend.
Chaperones will need to indicate the name/names of person/persons with whom they will room.
$625.00/person for 4 person occupancy
$650.00/person for 3 person occupancy
$675.00/person for 2 person occupancy
$800.00 for single occupancy
Donations from the trip post cards:
You will be notified by e-mail when donations are posted to your account. Please check your email.
If donations exceed the amount necessary to pay for your trip, you will receive spending
money up to $50.00. Any amount over $50.00 will be placed into the general funds account to pay for transportation.
A form will be provided in class tomorrow (Wednesday, 8/27). A form must be filled out for each student and a deposit of $150.00 is due on September 2, 2014.
No late deposits will be accepted.
Donations may be used for deposit if received by September 2, 2014.
Chaperones must each fill out form with names of roommates. If your student is staying with you, please include them on rooming list. All rates apply for occupancy. Please return form and deposit by September 2, 2014.
No late deposits will be accepted.
If you have any questions, you may call Gina Bull (803-439-4879) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Concession Workers
Let us begin by saying, “THANK YOU!” Concessions are a success because of your willingness to help!!
1. Each week of varsity home games, an email will be sent out verifying the names of those who are signed up for concessions. Only those listed in the email are the ones on the list to be admitted into the game as a concessions worker. No additional people will be allowed in as a concessions worker.
2. Please arrive at the Home Gate to be checked off and admitted into the stadium as a concessions worker by no later than 6:15. (For those working JV and B-Team games, this time will be 5:30 for most games. The exact time will be clarified when you are contacted to work for JV/B-Team games.) You will be issued your badge at this time.
3. We will meet briefly inside the concession stand at 6:30 to review placements of workers and to answer quick questions if needed.
4. Please be aware that absolutely no children are allowed inside the concession stand. This includes band students. This is for safety reasons as the space is tight and hot food items are being brought inside, etc. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
5. Near the end of fourth quarter we will begin to close windows except for one or two. (Please wait for the concessions chair to make this call.) At this time we can begin to clean up.
Clean up includes (just jump in and take a duty):
• Wash dishes
• Make sure warmers are “food free”
• Wipe down counters and tops of drink coolers
• Put supplies away in designated tubs/cabinets
• Sweep floors
• Bag Trash
6. Once we have cleaned up, you need to make sure you have returned your badge to the person designated to collect them. This person will be named at the 6:30 “briefing” After you have turned in your badge you are done for the night.
Please note that the sign-up sheets from band registration are being used, and efforts are being made to call all people who indicated on the sheet they could help with concessions. We have an awesome list and again thank you for that! However, you may be called to help even if you did not sign up if there is a need.
If you have a question or concern regarding concessions, feel free to email Misty Mitchell at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of one of the greatest youth organizations in our community! Jacket Regiment is a source of pride for North Augusta, the CSRA, and our surrounding communities!
Water jugs and proper clothing are required for each rehearsal. As each member depletes their water, we have volunteers handy to refill their water jugs with both ice and water. Bottled water is provided at all performances for the Jacket Regiment. Please see a previous email regarding bottled water and section assignments.
This Friday, we begin a new tradition in our school community. Jacket Regiment will present two community based performances prior to the game. The first will occur outside of the gym at 6:40. Jacket Regiment will then march down Jacket Lane, turn right onto Knobcone and present another performance at the main gate to the stadium prior to the game. Our administration and NAPD are making all of this possible. Both have been most helpful in providing a secure and positive environment for our Jacket Regiment. I look forward to adding this level of spirit to our home football games. Feel free to join us! However, you will have to purchase a ticket to enter the gate. Parent/guardians that are working our various duties will have an opportunity at a later date for a special encore performance just for you!
Report time Friday night is 6 pm late in the gym. Guard will wear uniforms, and winds/percussion will wear band shoes, black socks, bibbers and JR t-shirt. If your member does not have this t-shirt, any solid white t-shirt will suffice. We are doing this due to the extreme heat this week.
Please visit our concession stands, as it supports your Jacket Regiment member. Thanks again for all that you do, and looking forward to seeing you Friday night!
As we are off to an exciting year, we know how thrilled you are to take pictures and videos of your member. Please understand for the safety and privacy of our students and to limit interruptions during band practice, the following guidelines must be followed:
1. Posting pictures of the band on the JR Facebook page in a group setting while they are playing and marching is okay; please refrain from posting random individual close-up shots. Failure to comply will result in removal from the JR Facebook page.
2. Use discretion and respect the privacy of other members when you are taking pictures of your member.
3. No walking onto the practice field or onto any other areas where students are rehearsing for any reason unless you have been directed to do so by a staff member. Practice time is instructional time and unnecessary interruptions will not be tolerated.
As always, we welcome parent involvement. Please understand that these guidelines are for the safety of our members. Our band program continues to excel as a result of your willingness to be an active supporter!
Band Camp Week Two
Just a few reminders about the upcoming week.
Thank you for your support and cooperation! Hope to see everyone at the exhibition and potluck on Thursday!